[Nouveau] When will KMS be the default?

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:21:29 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 20:57 +0100, Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> As far as i'm concerned UMS shouldn't be the default anyone, as it's
> not really maintained anymore.
Agreed.  I for one have been completely ignoring the UMS code, on G80 in
particular it's horribly insufficient for a lot of configurations.  If
no-one objects I'll flick the switch to enable it by default.

It'd be useful to know of any cases out there where UMS is being used
because KMS is failing, there's a couple of cases on RH bugzilla, but I
don't recall the details right now.

Ben.