[Nouveau] questions about the changes in development model

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 04:30:22 PST 2009

Now that we are in staging and patches are expected to be pulled into
that tree (instead of one big "nouveau" commit) it seems obvious that
commits should try to follow the kernel rules. Some are more obvious
than others, i for one just remembered that patches should be run
through checkpatch. My main question is, who is primarily responsible
for getting stuff upstream? Also, what level of support do we give to
the code that is not up-to-date in comparison to nouveau/linux-2.6,
this becomes especially important for released kernels, which could be
up to 2-3 months behind what we have at that point.

Maarten.