[Nouveau] reply-to header

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 30 11:44:18 PST 2009

On 2009.12.30 14:00, Xavier wrote:
> Afaik the absence of that header is the reason that the reply button
> in mail clients or in gmail answers to the sender rather than to the
> mailing list.
> Does anyone know why that header is not included ?
> I consider it a must have for any mailing list, without reply-to it's
> quite impractical.
> Or is everyone used to use reply-all or something, which includes the
> ML in CC, and no one does the same mistake than me ?
> Maybe the problem is just me, as I only used mailing lists that
> filled reply-to correctly before.

I don't think it's just you...
I believe some mailing list software has the option so the default
"reply" goes either to the list of the original sender.  This could be
checked by the list admin.
Also - some mail clients (I use Balsa) have a "Reply to group" (in my
case, just hitting "g" instead of "r") which seems to do the right
thing here.