[Nouveau] nouveau xorg.conf documentation

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Feb 4 06:42:56 PST 2009

I'm trying to get started with nouveau.  I have it compiled, I have it
installed, but I'm having trouble working out the xorg.conf file.

My system has 3 video cards; one is a single DVI out, two are dual DVI
out. From the messages in the xorg log files, nouveau expects config for
DVI-I-0 and DVI-I-1, and so on.  Going from the nvidia blob is not as
easy as changing nvidia to nouveau; all of the options are different and
the structure of the file is different.

Can someone who has a working nouveau xorg.conf with multiple cards and
dual DVI cards please put this on on the wiki?  The wiki is really short
of info for casual user/developers like me.  My time and knowledge are
limited so any help I get is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Yan