[Nouveau] nouveau xorg.conf documentation

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 04:26:04 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Maarten Maathuis <madman2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to get started with nouveau.  I have it compiled, I have it
>> installed, but I'm having trouble working out the xorg.conf file.
>>
>> My system has 3 video cards; one is a single DVI out, two are dual DVI
>> out. From the messages in the xorg log files, nouveau expects config for
>> DVI-I-0 and DVI-I-1, and so on.  Going from the nvidia blob is not as
>> easy as changing nvidia to nouveau; all of the options are different and
>> the structure of the file is different.
>>
>> Can someone who has a working nouveau xorg.conf with multiple cards and
>> dual DVI cards please put this on on the wiki?  The wiki is really short
>> of info for casual user/developers like me.  My time and knowledge are
>> limited so any help I get is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --Yan
>>

> All randr-1.2+ drivers are incapable of doing the xinerama style
> multihead, until someone writes the needed xorg code.

Thats not true, radeon runs fine in Xinerama with other radeons, X
when pciaccess happened
lost the ability to int10 post secondary cards, however if you have a
driver that can post without int10
it should be okay.

you can disable randr have have working Xinerama Intel are just being lazy.

I'm not sure nouveau cares enough to bother implementing zaphod, but
single head might be possible.

Dave.