[Nouveau] running x.org on powerpc64 with nvidia6200

Younes Manton younes.m at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 07:59:52 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:32 AM, aik <aik.rsdn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then, I made a try to move the card to domain #0. Having the BIOS source
> code, it was easy.
> But it keeps failing with the same error -
> (EE) NOUVEAU(0): wrong DRM version
> (EE) NOUVEAU(0): 1365:
>
> What does it mean?
> I'm also a little confused by a try loading something called "int10h"
> which does not exist in any form on my server.
>

> Linux Fedora 10, DRI/DRM has been taken from GIT less than week ago.

It means your DRM kernel module and X driver don't match. That is
strange, since it should fail to compile first I think. Somehow you
had the right DRM module at compile time but not at runtime? Try
getting the latest for both and recompiling.

        /* temporary lock step versioning */
#if NOUVEAU_DRM_HEADER_PATCHLEVEL != 12
#error nouveau_drm.h does not match expected patchlevel, update libdrm.
#endif
        if (pNv->pKernelDRMVersion->version_patchlevel !=
                        NOUVEAU_DRM_HEADER_PATCHLEVEL) {
                xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_ERROR,
                        "wrong DRM version\n");
                return FALSE;