[Nouveau] backlight support

sebastien.brennion at googlemail.com sebastien.brennion at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:46:36 PDT 2009

Thanks for your answer,

I use karmic, with the already packaged 0.0.14+git20090715-0ubuntu1 from
nouveau...
I can't see any backlight information in /sys/class/backlight
Could you tell me how it is supposed to work with nouveau ? I though the
driver would provide backlight information there??

I don't think to have a old hw, but I don't know what is old for devs...
nVidia Corporation G86 [GeForce 8400M GT]

As I mentionned backlight problems, I didn't mean bug in relation with
nouveau, but for example on nvnews, on launchpad, on ubuntu forums, I already
spoken with a lot of people experiencing backlight problem with nvidia
driver... I do not like so much overstatements ;)