[Nouveau] Nouveau DRM kernel tree

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:36:09 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 15:49 +0200, Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> If you had to estimate, how long did it take you to figure out evo?
It's hard to say.  It works pretty much exactly how I said I thought it
would ages back.  The missing piece (as expected) was using the push
buffer rather than poking stuff into 0x610300 directly.  That, I
stumbled on the idea of how to track down accidentally while looking at
another bug a couple of weeks back.

The missing bits (the meaning of 0x86c in non-linear mode, and that the
CRTCs want buffers with 0x7a00 in the page flags) for non-linear
scanout, I sat down and worked out yesterday.

> Anyway, it looks nice, i will certainly try when i'm home again.
Good luck!

Ben.