[Nouveau] External monitor is blank with nouveau driver

Younes Manton younes.m at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:17:13 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Andriy Bakay<andriy at irbisnet.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I am sending configuration and log files.
>
> Younes Manton wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Andriy Bakay<andriy at irbisnet.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Nouveau Team,
>>>
>>> I have the following hardware/software spec:
>>>
>>> ThinkPad T61
>>> FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE-p5 amd64
>>> NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M
>>> X driver nouveau
>>> External monitor NEC MultiSync 90GX2
>>>
>>> I am connecting external monitor through VGA interface. I was able to
>>> detect it using command 'xrandr -q' and even turn it on:
>>>
>>> $ xrandr --output VGA-0 --auto --below LVDS-0
>>>
>>> the geometry of my desktop changed, but monitor remain blank.
>>>
>>> Please, advise.

1) Is that log from an instance where you tried to enable the 2nd
monitor? I don't see anything in there about attempting to output to
the VGA port.

2) Can you try a minimal xorg.conf file? You don't need a lot of those
options for the display portion. Try something like this and let the
driver do the rest:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "card0"
        Driver          "nouveau"