[Nouveau] KMS instructions

Christopher James Halse Rogers chalserogers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:07:39 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 16:44 -0300, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using nouveau in a NV44 for some time now. I specially use randr
> in a rotated/dualhead setup with 2 monitors (15' and 19').
> In my last build, randr stopped to work. If I change
> resolution/rotate/span a screen, xorg crashes.
>
> I wrote a simple script to update nouveau, build and install. I'm
> attaching it. Feel free to do anything with it.
>
> I didn't find any instructions in the wiki how to test KMS. Maybe my
> problems are related to some tests on KMS side. Is there someone with
> the knowledge and will to add the instructions?

It's not going to be a KMS issue.  Unless things have changed in the
last couple of weeks, KMS is currently only available for nv5x/nv6x, and
only if you deliberately build from the modesetting-gem branch of drm.

I'd suggest filing a bug, attaching Xorg.0.log & dmesg with drm loaded
with the 'debug=1' parameter as usual.  If you've got the facilities,
attaching gdb and a getting a backtrace would probably be welcome, too!