[Nouveau] SERIALIZE command

Shinpei KATO shinpei at il.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri Apr 9 07:56:54 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to use the 0x110 SERIALIZE (or 0x108 WAIT_FOR_IDLE?) command to
barrier the PGRAPH commands.
Unfortunately, I do not find any examples either in nouveau or gallium.

If it plays just a barrier, I guess it should work by something like (in
case of m2mf):
BEGIN_RING(chan, m2mf, 0x110, 1);
OUT_RING(chan, 1);

Otherwise, it may actually play to serialize some commands, then I would
rather use as follows:
BEGIN_RING(chan, m2mf, 0x110, 1);
OUT_RING(chan, NUMBER_OF_FOLLOWING_COMMANDS);

I have tried both approaches, and the application runs without any problems,
but I am not sure if barriers have happened or not ;-)
I would appreciate if anyone can tell me how to use the barrier command.

Best,
- Shinpei