[Nouveau] Display goes off when framebuffer enabled and Kernel Panic with fbset

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 01:34:58 PST 2010

I've gotten KGDB re-working here and didn't get anything on output via serial
console.  Might not have had an option activated, rechecking & rebooting.  But
with this hard freeze, kdump is likely the only option.

I've spent some time trying to get kdump working, but have been unsuccessful
kexec'ing a kernel.  Keeps telling me I haven't appended "crashkernel=" when I
already have appended it -- checked /proc/cmdline.  But rechecking a few more
options with kexec/kdump, recompiling and will check back if I get any further
debugging on this.

nosmp still fails too.

(My other two systems seem stable with nouveau framebuffer + Xorg.  Just this
one is freezing with nouveau drm loading.)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/