[Nouveau] Display goes off when framebuffer enabled and Kernel Panic with fbset

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:54:42 PST 2010

I noticed one anomaly when comparing nouveau logs from one working boot & one
failed boot.  The only difference in environments were, one working had AGP
Aperture set to 64MiB and the other set to 4MiB.   (However, somewhat no
relevant as I am experiencing freezing no matter what this is set too, but
still need to make note of it.)

dmesg snip of working boot ->
  [kernel] [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: 64 MiB GART (aperture)

dmesg snip of failed boot ->
  [kernel] agpgart-intel 0000:00:00.0: AGP 1.0 bridge

This begs the question, does Nouveau have an internal AGP driver and I should
disable the in-kernel AGP driver???

(By the time you get this, I'll probably know the answer.)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/