[Nouveau] mesa: Patch that fix/add missing WAIT_RING calls

Lucas Stach dev at lynxeye.de
Thu Dec 16 08:20:58 PST 2010

Hi Michel,

had a short look on this, as far as i can tell at the time the patch
looks fairly good and we really need this checks.

Some small notes:

1. In loops with fixed iterations the WAIT_RING should be called before
the loop, not inside. I think it is ok if we waste a few pushbuf entries
to avoid calling libdrm too often.

See for example nvfx_push_vbo and nvfx_render_prim.

2. You decreased the size of the checks in several places. We should
review all of them before pushing this changes. I remember some of them
had some offset for some crude reason. I will review them by this
weekend if no one does it earlier.

-- lynxeye