[Nouveau] Mouse cursor rotated on all screens when rotating a single screen.

Craig Lang craig at grapheneindustries.com
Wed Jan 6 07:34:44 PST 2010

I have two monitors, one landscape and the other portrait. When I rotate the
portrait monitor using xrandr (or the xorg.conf option) the mouse cursor on
the landscape monitor is also rotated and the "click point" is no longer
below the cursor (this makes the mouse practically unusable). The cursor is
correct on the rotated monitor. Setting NoAccel "False" and HWCursor "False"
in xorg.conf results in a corrupted screen and lockup.

I am running an up-to-date i686 Arch Linux with the latest git version of
xf86-video-nouveau (I used the AUR package). xorg-server is from the arch
core repositories. My card is the GeForce9500GT (two DVI ports on the card).

The xrandr command I'm using:
xrandr --output DVI-I-2 --rotate left

Is this an issue with nouveau? Any help/pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

xorg.conf for reference:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Tfellover"
    Screen         "Screen0"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
    ModulePath      "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
    FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/misc"
    FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi:unscaled"
    FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"
    FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/TTF"
    FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/Type1"
EndSection

Section "Module"
    Load           "dbe"
    Load           "dri2"
    Load           "glx"
    Load           "extmod"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option         "AllowEmptyInput" "False"
    Option         "AutoAddDevices" "False"
    Option         "AutoEnableDevices" "False"
    Option         "DontZap" "False"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
    Option         "XkbLayout" "gb"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "horizontal"
    VendorName     "Samsung"
    ModelName      "Samsung SyncMaster P2050"
    Option         "PreferredMode" "1600x900_60.00"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "vertical"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Samsung SyncMaster"
    Option         "PreferredMode" "1600x900_60.00"
    Option         "LeftOf" "horizontal"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "GF9"
    Driver         "nouveau"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce 9500 GT"
    BusID          "PCI:1:0:0"
    Option         "Monitor-DVI-I-1" "horizontal"
    Option         "Monitor-DVI-I-2" "vertical"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "GF9"