[Nouveau] 2.6.33 vs. NVIDIA GForce GT 220

Marcin Kościelnicki koriakin at 0x04.net
Sat Jan 23 10:28:00 PST 2010

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 02:43:35PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I tried enabling staging nvidia driver on GT220, but apparently driver
> > does not know about it. Unfortunately, I have one of those cards here.
> >
> > (I wonder... is there better mailing list? MAINTAINERS only lists
> > linux-fbdev....)

The list is nouveau at lists.freedesktop.org. And driver knows about GT220 just
fine, I've been using it for a month or two on GT220 already. Don't bother
about the "supported cards" lists in xf86-video-nouveau or wherever else, the
driver will happily bind to any nvidia video card with known generation, even
if nobody has seen that precise model before.

One thing that could happen, however, is missing ctxprog for your chipset. In
this case, you'll be stuck with non-accelerated nouveau until somebody
extracts the ctxprog from blob mmiotrace on your card -- come to freenode.net
IRC channel #nouveau if you need help with that. However, that shouldn't
happen, since the GT220 chipset is already supported.

Marcin Kościelnicki