[Nouveau] Enabling TV-out with the nouveau driver

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Thu Jun 10 01:27:36 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

First of all - congratulations on the success of your project. It was
about time the community did something about the nvidia drivers! :)

Now, I'm still experimenting with nouveau and I have enabled it on a
test system that has a rather old Nvidia card (GeForce4 I think) with
tv-out. Everything works fine, but I haven't been able to find any
examples on how to configure tv-out so I can extend my desktop to my TV.

Can anyone help with a demo configuration of Xorg.conf?

Also, I want to ask - if there is any chance of using two displays *and*
enabling compositing (window transparency effects) - either with
software or hardware acceleration?

By the way, I am using Xubuntu 10.04.

Regards,
Adrian