[Nouveau] Enabling TV-out with the nouveau driver

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Thu Jun 10 22:40:18 PDT 2010

Hello,

I've checked and i have a GeForce 4 MX 440, and i do see a TV-1 in
xrandr but I didn't manage to configure it with xrandr.

I've looked over [2] and by using *xrandr --output TV-1 --right-of
VGA-1* i managed to extend my desktop to my TV. Also, i see the window
transparency effect keeps working ;)

The problem is  - I tried to configure xorg.conf but I didn't manage to
add the displays side by side (the TV overlaps with the monitor from the
top-left corner), even if they have different resolutions. I have
attached my xorg.conf for reference. I realize I must be missing
something trivial in the configuration. Anyone care to point it out?

Thanks,
Adrian

--
---