[Nouveau] Gallium driver and compatibility issues

Uwe Bugla uwe.bugla at gmx.de
Thu Mar 11 09:42:49 PST 2010

Hi,

I use two nv34 cards and I would like to test / try out / use the
Gallium driver without drawbacks.

Unfortunately this has not been working since I decided to install /
compile nouveau drivers.

My system is Debian Squeeze, my kernel is 2.6.34-rc1.

The problem is:

Every time I load nouveau_dri.so into RAM existing applications are
broken / unusable (Example: gnome-games).

It does not matter if I overwrite existing versions of libglut*,
libGLw*, libGLU*, libGL*, libEGL* or not - that does not make any
difference.
The center of the problem is nouveau_dri.so and nothing else.

Could it please be possible to modify this driver file so that it does
NOT continue to break existing applications??

Would be a pleasure!

Cheers

Uwe