[Nouveau] Nvidia says I have a 8200, but lspci says a GeForce 9200M G

Bryan Quigley BryanQuigley at ubuntu.com
Tue May 25 07:46:37 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm debugging a card that the Nvidia blob recognizes as an 8200 but
lspci says is a GeForce 9200M G.  My original bug report is in
launchpad.(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/+bug/557895),
but I have been trying to debug further by using the nightly builds.
It still requires the noaccel flag to be set to work.

I was wondering if there is anyway I could force it to be detected as
a 8200 with nouveau.  I am guessing that it may be using some accel
features of the 9200 and that's the reason it doesn't work.  PCI ID is
10de:086f

Thanks!
Bryan

P.S. Off list, please respond directly. Thanks.