[Nouveau] GeForce FX 5200: no kms

Paolo Milani paolomilani at rocketmail.com
Sun Nov 14 02:18:10 PST 2010

--- Dom 14/11/10, Marcin Slusarz <marcin.slusarz at gmail.com> wrote:
> It should work. Please post your kernel logs from a failed
> boot (they are somewhere in /var/log).

when boot fails (and system crashes), it write nothing in /var/log: there are only logs of the previous successful boot (with nomodeset option).

my procedure:
1- boot without nomodeset: system crashes.
2- boot with another linux distribution, then I mount partition of point 1, but in /mnt/var/log there are no logs of failed boot. It wrote nothing.

So, I don't know how get logs from a failed boot. If there is a guide, I'm eager to read it. Many thanks.