[Nouveau] Tester wanted: Timing management

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Sat Oct 16 12:28:17 PDT 2010

  Le 11/10/2010 11:01, Martin Peres a écrit :
>  Hi,
>
> Roy Spliet, Emil Velikov and I are working on getting memory timing
> support to nouveau (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_timings).
>
> We badly need your help as the vbios timing table (that stores the
> timings that should be set when we up/down-clock the memory clocks)
> contains a lot of magic.
>
> If you want to help us, please follow this link:
> http://github.com/pathscale/pscnv/wiki/TestingTimings
>
> For those who already sent us your info and had a bios table
> containing timing values, please re-read the page, we now also need
> the strap register now (sorry).
>
> Thanking you by advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin
Hi,

5 days later, I've finally processed all the vbios I received (more than
300 mails, 275 vbios in the end).

I first received a bit more than 80 mails because of phoronix
(http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODY2Nw and
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODY3Mw
<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODY3Mw>) and then, I
received a lot, lot, lot more all of a sudden. It happens that a Russian
linux website has relayed the call
(http://www.linux.org.ru/news/hardware/5438270).
I would like to thank them both for relaying my little call, I wasn't
expecting such a big response!

I created a private git repository to store them all and make them
accessible to some devs. If anyone has a problem with that, please let
me know.

Also, with almost 300 vbios in the database, I thought it would be cool
to make some stats on the userbase who answered to our call.
The diagrams speak for themselves. You'll find them enclosed in a pdf
(for the diagrams), a csv (for raw data) or an ods (for both).

Thanks again to all of you who sent the information on your card!

Cheers,

Martin