[Nouveau] nv4c broken after october (approx.)

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:38:06 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Dzianis Kahanovich
<mahatma at bspu.unibel.by> wrote:
> After october I got broken image on my integrated nv4c chip (are you need
> precise model?). I don't know precise time points, but now known: in Gentoo
> portage still 20101010 - good, 20101130 - bad (but I use git version before
> problems and now - without acceleration/with shadowfb). If I set 32M VRAM -
> image is semi-broken. I may to do some testings (like testing git by day or try
> to trace registers), but in first point IMHO this minimal info may help to
> developers too.
>
> Last actions was: installing current kernel (2.6.38-rc2-git8), known
> nouveau-firmware and current driver & libdrm snapshots.
>
> This is my screen: http://mahatma.bspu.unibel.by/IMG0035A.jpg
> (default it was green MJ leafs on background, terminal window and panel on top)
>
> PS Even if you omit support of old chips, this is looks semi-working but memory
> misorganized and in theory still possible to fix. Or no?

This is the third report I see today.. for a patch 3-4 months old. At
least according to wilder on IRC.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/xf86-video-nouveau/commit/?id=c88f13e25b0040c1dd0f93e0ac40f62a6005ce59

17:44   curro >> wilder: do you get the same corruption with a
1024x768 framebuffer?

So what's your resolution and can you try to force 1024x768, as
explained there :
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/KernelModeSetting