[Nouveau] Mistake in Gallium how-to in wiki?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:23:24 PDT 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:42:16 +0100, Andrew Green
<andrew.green.df at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think I've found a mistake in the Gallium instructions in the Nouveau
> wiki (http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/GalliumHowto).
>
> According to that page, one should run ./configure like this:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug --enable-glx-tls --disable-asm \
> --with-dri-drivers= --enable-gallium-nouveau \
> --disable-gallium-i915 --disable-gallium-i965 \
> --disable-gallium-r300 --disable-gallium-r600 --disable-gallium-svga \
> --with-state-trackers=glx,dri
>

> But when I compiled using that configuration, nouveau_dri.so was not
> built. Also, a few of the configuration options were not recognized.
> However, this configure command did work, at least for me:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug --enable-glx-tls --disable-asm \
> --with-dri-drivers --enable-glx --enable-dri --enable-xorg \
> --with-state-trackers=glx,dri --with-gallium-drivers="nouveau
>

> Hope this is helpful. (I'm completely "new" to "nouveau", so I guess I
> may be completely off.) Thanks to the developers for their work on this,
> greetings,
> Andrew

Note the "--with-state-trackers" options is soon(ish) to be depreciated

My current config (correct according to the latest changes) is

	./autogen.sh \
		--prefix=/usr \
		--with-dri-drivers= \
		--with-gallium-drivers=swrast,nouveau \
		--enable-debug \
		--enable-texture-float \
		--disable-asm \
		--enable-opengl \
		--disable-gles2 \
		--disable-openvg \
		--enable-dri \
		--enable-glx \
		--enable-xvmc \
		--disable-va \
		--disable-vdpau \
		--disable-osmesa \
		--disable-egl \
		--disable-xorg \
		--disable-d3d1x \
		--disable-xa \
		--disable-gbm \
		--disable-xlib-glx \
		--disable-gallium-egl \
		--disable-gallium-gbm \
		--disable-gallium-llvm \
		--disable-xcb \
		--enable-driglx-direct \
		--enable-glx-tls \
		--enable-glu \
		--enable-glw \
		--disable-motif

The above builds, nouveau and swrast drivers and uses the
opengl and xvmc state-trackers

NOTE: Consult yourself with the documentation regarding
"--enable-texture-float"

Emil