[Nouveau] Option "Rotate" is not used

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:27:27 PST 2011

>>> Thanks Ben, that worked great.
>>>
>>> - Grant
>>
>> I spoke too soon.  I don't get the warning in Xorg.0.log anymore, but
>> someone tried to use the system and told me the screen was not rotated
>> as it should be.  I tried both of these in xorg.conf with the same
>> result:
>>
>> Section "Monitor"
>>        Identifier "mymonitor"
>>        Option "Rotate" "Left"
>> EndSection
>>
>> Section "Monitor"
>>        Identifier "mymonitor"
>>        Option "Rotate" "CCW"
>> EndSection
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> - Grant
>
> You might need to add something like:
>
> Option "DVI-I-1" "mymonitor"
>
> To your device section, ofcource choose the right connector/output.
> Grep the xorg log for output and you should be able to find it.

I added it like this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier "mydevice"
        Driver "nouveau"
        Option "VGA-1" "mymonitor"
EndSection

But I get this from Xorg.0.log:

Option "VGA-1" is not used

I also tried VGA-I-1 to match your example with the same result.  I
have this in Xorg.0.log so I think VGA-1 is correct:

(II) NOUVEAU(0): Output VGA-1 has no monitor section
(II) NOUVEAU(0): Output VGA-1 connected

Is my syntax off somehow?

- Grant