[Nouveau] Procedure to follow to check if a graphic card is really working without installing windows

'Ndrianiaina Mandrantosoa tosoa at jojopil.com
Thu Apr 5 23:48:59 PDT 2012

Hi people,

I'm running archlinux on a clevo p150hm with a nvidia gtx460m. lshw
output is attached.

I couldn't get it running on any linux distribution, it is not
supported by nouveau yet (as it is a NVC3 card) - Am I wrong ?

when I use the nvidia driver, I've got a NVRM Xid 44 error (I found
nothing about this in google) - and someone on the linux nvidia forum
talked about this but had no answers.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=8ce1c561fff6090e96b58841f507cc75&showtopic=59188&view=findpost&p=1309488

The thing is, I don't know how to help, as when every file needed to
help nouveau project needs files generated with the nvidia driver,
right ?

do I have to install windows to check if my GPU is really working ? I
use the fbdev xorg driver now, at 1280x800

when using the nvidia driver, I have the logo, then native resolution
with some red lines on the screen, then kernel panic.

thank you for your help,

tosoa.