[Nouveau] rendering problems with latest ddx driver (nv50)

Ben Skeggs bskeggs at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 17:38:52 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 20:14 +0200, Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> Do you get rendering errors also when using a nv50 class gpu? I seem
> to get them in firefox.
Hmm, I haven't noticed anything on my NVA8 laptop.

> I also noticed a huge amount of failures when running rendercheck -t
> gradients, which i find odd, because they are not supposed to be
> accelerated.
I think either pixman or the rendercheck test is broken.  It doesn't
pass with software rendering, or the Intel driver's accelerated version.

The detected/expected colours are very close when I looked at this, so
it may just be a question of precision.

Ben.