[Nouveau] [Patches][nouveau/kms]: Precise Vblank and pageflip timestamping v2

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:26:28 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Mario Kleiner
<mario.kleiner at tuebingen.mpg.de> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2012, at 8:24 AM, Lucas Stach wrote:
>
>> Just updated versions of the patches send by Mario Kleiner. This ones are
>> rebased on top of the nouveau tree and updated according to the review
>> feedback.
>>
>> This time hopefully the right ones.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Lucas
>>

> Ben, thanks for the feedback. I've resteted the v2 of Lucas new reworked and
> rebased patches, everything fine and precise wrt. to timing precision.
>
> For my personal education: Is my understanding correct that these registers
> are basically "double-buffered", and the NV50_PDISPLAY_CRTC_C macro accesses
> the current state, whereas the NV50_PDISPLAY_CRTC_P macro provides/sets the
> programmed values that will be latched into the _C registers at some later
> time, e.g., modeset?
>
> thanks,
> -mario

The proposed registers show the value that has submitted (via the
modesetting/display fifo), but they haven't been put into effect yet
by the "update" command. The registers (both the current and proposed
ones) are only intended for reading. At least that is my
understanding, perhaps Ben can tell you more.

--
Far away from the primal instinct, the song seems to fade away, the
river get wider between your thoughts and the things we do and say.