[Nouveau] Bisect: i2c regression in 63daa9589cb88617d9cc8a0b0282564682a975b7

Vincent Pelletier plr.vincent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:38:25 PST 2012

Hi.

Updating nouveau module to a newer git revision, I noticed I lost hwmon.

I ran a bisect, which identified 63daa9589cb88617d9cc8a0b0282564682a975b7 as
being the first bad commit.

Adding printk traces, I saw that probing i2c bus 3 for sensors always failed
with -EIO (no ack from slave). After reading the code, remembering how i2c
works and reading sample code on wikipedia, I couldn't identify any
algorythmic problem.

So I gave a try at changing delays. I doubled T_RISEFALL and T_HOLD, and the
adt7473 chip could be detected & used again. I haven't tested other
combination, nor tried to link those delays with any datasheet.

My card is a GTX 280.

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier