[Nouveau] Bug cleanup

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sun Aug 18 09:54:37 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

In an effort to get a better handle on nouveau's outstanding issues,
I'm going to close all bugs that haven't seen any updates since 2011.
I asked a core group of nouveau developers about this, and none of
them seemed to object. Depending on how this goes, we may do the same
thing up to the end of 2012, but that was more contentious.

A lot of these bugs are pre-KMS, the driver's been
moved/changed/rewritten several times since they were filed, so it's
quite likely that the issues have been fixed, or at the very least,
require a re-test. As bug reporters tend to disappear after this much
time (different email, hardware died, etc), we decided that just
closing them outright would be the right move. They can always be
reopened if the issues persist, but the onus is on the bug reporter to
do so.

As an unfortunate side-effect, the list is about to get ~200 emails,
one for each bug I close. Sorry for the spam, but I don't know of a
way around it. (If you do know a way around it, I won't be doing this
for ~an hour, let me know asap.)

  -ilia