[Nouveau] Any known good cards with kernel 3.4.24?

Robert M. Riches Jr. rm.riches at jacob21819.net
Fri Jan 25 21:12:42 PST 2013

Are there any cards that are known to work well with the version
of Nouveau in kernel 3.4.24 in Mageia 2?  Or, better yet, a page
that has a list of cards and whether they work well?

I have been using an Asus ENGT430, but it's a little slow and has
now developed a white rectangle that is visible on two monitors
(so it's not a monitor problem) but does not exist according to
xmag (so it's not generated by X).  I tried an Asus GTX560, but
runlevel 3 boot hangs for about four minutes, and startx appears
to hang completely.  (Bug report that it appears to match was
marked a duplicate of 41114.)

Thanks,

Robert Riches