[Nouveau] Quad head graphics card.

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 23 14:12:31 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Grzegorz Sójka <gs at sojka.co> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have 4 identical monitors. So I decided to buy (not to expensive,
> around 100USD) quad head graphics card. I do not need anything
> particular. Only office applications, no gaming. The crucial thing is
> that I would like to be able to span a single window across all 4
> monitors. I found following cards:
> Nvidia Quadro NVS440
> Nvidia Quadro NVS420
> Both are actually dual GPU. Could you please confirm which one of these
> cards may be configured as a single quad monitor DISPLAY using nouveau
> driver? What about the binary nvidia driver?

I would avoid those if possible. Both nouveau and the nvidia driver
wil support them in a 4-monitor configuration, but there will be
issues, esp with nouveau. Not sure about nvidia.

If possible, get a Kepler-based card, which can drive 4 CRTC's from 1
GPU. That way you get none of the trouble.

  -ilia