[Nouveau] Are the instructions on freedesktop.org still OK?

Patrick Baggett baggett.patrick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:57:21 PDT 2014

I've been following the nouveau git, but it seems now that when I follow
the instructions on it [1], I end up with a kernel v3.12 rather than
3.16rc7 (though that is a branch in my repo). I guess I don't yet grok how
git works with remote masters. I want to update to the latest Linus git
kernel + latest nouveau. Is it really just `git remote update` followed by
`git reset --hard nouveau/master` as the page shows?

[1] http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/InstallDRM/