[Nouveau] Issue with nouveau drivers

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 17:20:21 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am unable to suspend using nouveau, so I have to use the NVIDIA
drivers currently, which I do not like to do (they don't work as well
for everything else and are proprietary)
So... to get to the basic info

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G84M [GeForce
8600M GT] (rev a1)
3.13.0-16-generic Ubuntu x86_64 GNU/Linux
nvidia drivers version 331.38

If there is any more specific output from commands that will help you,
let me know  I would be very willing to simply remove the proprietary
drivers and run nouveau and try some kernel paramters, or log the hang
up I would be glad to, as I REALLY want to use nouveau drivers.

What happens:
I suspend the machine.
When I open the lid to resume from suspend, the screen is black, or
frozen and will hang.  I can occasionally get to the lightdm login
screen, or to a tty, but the machine freezes within a few seconds of
resume, and I have to do a hard reboot (which is why I use the
proprietary drivers, as I need to use suspend)

Since I have the proprietary drivers I can run tests for you so you can
find out what the drivers are doing on this particular card, or any
other things you would like.

--
Regards