[Nouveau] RFC: drop glamor from nouveau ddx

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:05:46 PDT 2015

On 8 July 2015 at 06:06, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Ben,
>
> Looks like the reality is that glamor is just not hooked up properly
> in the nouveau DDX. Mainly it's missing DRI2, which in turn means no
> core GL contexts, and probably lots of other issues. While this could
> probably be fixed somehow, I doubt there's any advantage to using the
> nouveau DDX over something like modesetting nowadays.
>
> How would you feel about dropping glamor support from the nouveau ddx
> and failing to load for GPUs that don't have EXA support (unless
> AccelMode = none is forced for them). That way it'll fall back to
> on.
I have no objections to this.  In fact, in Fedora at least (I floated
the idea in #nouveau a while back too), in the near future I plan on
having the DDX fail to load on all GPUs where modesetting+glamor can
be used (unless overridden by a config option).

So, this seems like a good step towards that goal.

Ben.