[Nouveau] Self introduction Hans de Goede

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue May 26 00:29:29 PDT 2015

Hi All,

Since I will be working on nouveau pretty much starting today I thought
it would be good to write a quick self introduction.

I'm an FOSS enthusiast / developer since 1996. I've written (and still
maintain) various hwmon drivers, various USB webcam drivers, libv4l and
libgphoto camlibs for photoframes which use a custom usb protocol and
usb redirection over the network for qemu.

And although not the original author I'm now a days a maintainer of
libusb, usb-3 bulk streams support in the xhci driver, the uas driver,
and libahci_platform.

In my spare time I work on u-boot and Linux support for Allwinner ARM
SoCs, I'm a u-boot maintainer for these, and maintain the sata, mmc
and usb kernel drivers.

About a year ago I joined the Red Hat graphics team, where my first
task was to help to get libinput up to a level where it could be
used as the input stack for Wayland. The work on this is winding
down, so my next project is to help out with nouveau and here I am.

My knowledge of GPU-s and basically anything 3d is quite limited
atm, so I will likely be asking a lot of questions to get up to
speed. I'll also join the #nouveau channel on irc, so I'll see
you all there.

Regards,

Hans