[Nouveau] 4K ~ 3840x2160 resolution and frame buffer support

James Lehman james at akrobiz.com
Thu Oct 8 14:18:08 PDT 2015

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have a Gigabyte GT-730 2GB card hooked directly via a high quality
HDMI cable to a 65 inch Samsung curved screen LCD 4K monitor.

I'm not sure what I am looking for in dmesg and xorg log.

Please advise.

I have built the 3.19.8 kernel and enabled frame buffer support.

I can see 7 out of the 8 penguins when I boot.

My ultimate goal is to be able to boot to a 3840x2160 32 bit (frame
buffer) console.

Then go into Xfce, or not, as needed.

I like to write frame buffer apps that run in the console.

Thank you.