[Nouveau] nouveau doesn't recognize my hdmi monitor

Terra Frost terrafrost at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 01:48:00 UTC 2016

I have an ASUS UX50V laptop with a "NVIDIA Corporation: G98M [GeForce G
105M]" video card. Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit is installed with
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 1:1.0.12-1build2. The Nouveau driver does not
seem to be recognizing my HDMI monitor that's plugged in. Here's the output
of xrandr:

Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1366 x 768, maximum 32767 x 32767
LVDS1 connected primary 1366x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 344mm x 193mm
   1366x768      60.01*+
   1360x768      59.80    59.96
   1280x720      60.00
   1024x768      60.00
   1024x576      60.00
   960x540       60.00
   800x600       60.32    56.25
   864x486       60.00
   640x480       59.94
   720x405       60.00
   680x384       60.00
   640x360       60.00
VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

https://i.stack.imgur.com/GJupM.png

Any ideas as to what I need to do to get this HDMI monitor working? It
worked fine when I had Windows Vista on the laptop..

Thanks!