[Nouveau] Dealing with opencl kernel parameters in nouveau now that RES support is gone

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 14:17:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 22-02-16 14:47, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> INPUT is for shader inputs which come from fixed function loaders.
>> This is not what you want. You want CONST. Stick the input params into
>> a constbuf, and you're done.
>
> Oh, and in case it's not clear, I think this should be done by the st,
> not by the driver. Not a big fan of the current interface where the
> driver is responsible for uploading the kernel input parameters.

Moving this to the state-tracker will likely break clover for amd
cards, also what is the right place to stick the input params my
differ from one gpu to the other, also the opencl -> tgsi compiler
will need to know how to "address" input params without it needing to
know too much details of the targetted gpu. So of INPUT is not suitable,
then I think we are going to need MEMORY[#], INPUT for this, which
nouveau can then just treat as CONST.

Regards,

Hans