[Nouveau] N6600 and colour saturation

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Feb 22 18:32:07 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I have an older machine with an AGP GeForce N6600 Nvidia card. I
recently bought a new colour calibrated monitor to replace an old CRT
and I've since noticed a stark difference in the colour produced by the
N6600 and my newer machines with series 5 and 7 graphics cards. The
newer cards show similar B+W contrast, but colour is much less saturated
on the N6600.

I had been running Nouveau, but switched to the nvidia binary driver to
see if it made any difference; it does not. I tried changing the
settings using the nvidia driver on the newer machines (brightness,
contrast, gamma, colour range), but the lack of saturation on the n6600
does not visually correspond to changes to "the colour range", gamma, or
contrast.

Is this lack of colour saturation due to a hardware limitation, or is
there something that can be tweaked in the Nouveau settings?

I was just hoping there could be some solution to make these machines
somewhat colour matched.

Thanks,
B. Bogart