[Nouveau] Status of GF108GLM [NVS 5200M]

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 30 11:38:17 UTC 2020

Yes, GF108 is Fermi (F = Fermi). Reclocking is currently not available
for that generation, unfortunately. You should be able to otherwise
use your GPU just fine, but I'm guessing it'll come up in the "07"
state when it powers on (in the state as-is it appears powered off,
which it will do automatically when not in use), which as you can see
is a fraction of the total GPU available perf.

For example `DRI_PRIME=1 glxinfo` should show you that it's using nouveau.

There's a very experimental branch that does enable reclocking for
Fermi at https://github.com/skeggsb/nouveau/commits/devel-clk .
However I believe it was only tested with a single GPU, and my testing
with an identical such GPU was negative. On the other hand, you don't
have a display hanging off the card, which greatly increases chances
of success. Feel free to join #nouveau on irc.freenode.net if you plan
on exploring this.

Cheers,

  -ilia