[Ocs] ocs server - nodejs implementation

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Apr 19 02:53:20 PDT 2012

Hi David,

Unfortunately, I do not have time to address all your questions, but
see my replies below inline for the ones I had.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM, 梁辰晔 <liangchenye at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote an ocs server based on the 1.6 version.
[...]

Hmm, gnome-app-store, very nice!

> Some questions I got.
> 1. is there a newer version?

We have a draft here for v1:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/open-collaboration-services-draft

Also, we have been planning OCS v2 for a while. Please follow the list
for details in the near future about that.

> especially json format?

We have been planning the JSON format, definitely. See the follow
thread for details:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ocs/2012-February/000144.html

I hope I can mentor Felix [1] under the GSoC project [2] for getting a
reference implementation in Qt at least for the client side [3]. It
would be nice if someone could work a similar gnome, gtk, glib and so
forth based reference implementation. We are all for helping with
this. :-)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ocs/2012-March/000180.html