[Ocs] Wiki-style community page

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 22:05:17 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have been pondering a proposal for a wiki-style community site for
OCS. The current website [1] is a bit static, and not accessible by
the community as easily as a wiki page. It would be great to either
set up a wiki on the existing site for alterings, or request an
ocs.freekdesktop.org site as for instance the telepathy project
progressed with their site [2]. That is their main page starting with
the indtroduction, architectural overview, reference manuals,
debugging, source code, developer notes and all those things. This
page is redirected automatically in their case to the relevant wiki
page: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki. There is also a
ghns.freedesktop.org just for another reference.

I am personally happy with either of those solutions or even with a
third idea, but the point is that it would be nice to have an
accessible community page. The social desktop site seems to be a bit
outdated, and I would give a helping hand for updatings as a starting
point. In general, it would be nice to have this type of workflow in
the future to organize the website for this project in my opinion. Our
specification and mailing list are also currently hosted on the
freedesktop site. I have just double checked since some people
mentioned that the access was a bit hard to get for the freedesktop
pages previously, but it now seems fine to me. I was able to register
and click on the "Edit" action for the telepathy page instantly. If we
stick with this way, I am glad to help with the formal details, like
opening a bugreport against the freedesktop product and so forth.

What are your thoughs ? Please do share them. :)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

[1] http://www.socialdesktop.org
[2] http://telepathy.freedesktop.org