[Openchrome-devel] Standardizing DRM / KMS development platform for drm-openchrome

Benno Schulenberg bensberg at justemail.net
Fri Apr 8 07:22:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016, at 06:40, Kevin Brace wrote:
> My proposal was to agree on one or two possible target development
> platform or at least the Linux kernel version used for the development
> of VIA IGP DRM module that will support KMS.

Normally one specifies minimum versions of certain components,
not specific versions.  So: kernel 3.18 or later, xserver 1.12 / 1.14 /
whatever (I'm not at home there) or later.  Other components are
probably uncritical.

But you are doing the coding, so if you don't want to bother with
kernels before 4.2 or xservers before, say, 1.15, then just state
so in the README or INSTALL file, and it is law.  :)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web