[Openchrome-users] Modular branch

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Tue Dec 6 20:49:31 PST 2005

Benno Schulenberg wrote:

>Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>

>>Info from the logs says you had set a virtual size of 1600x1200,
>>

>Hmm, but where does it do that?

Not sure since I haven't seen your original Xorg.conf. Perhaps it chose
the highest res the horizontal freq and dotclock did allow.

>In xorg.conf there is no setting
>of DPI, and in the attached Xorg.0.log of a succeeding run it now
>reports a DPI of 81,81 instead of 126,126.  Where does it get those
>numbers from?

The monitor reports its screen dimension in your log. There's about 25
mm to an inch...

>>The DDX driver is set up correctly, but I don't think you have a
>>mesa 6.4 3D driver installation?
>>

>No, I hadn't.  But with it, either HEAD or mesa_6_4_branch, it still
>gives no direct rendering.  Although glxgears produces much better
>FPS with these newer Mesas than with 6.2.1: around 500 fps instead
>of around 120 fps.  But tuxracer and bzflag are unplayable with only
>2 or 1 fps.  Output of glxinfo:
>
>name of display: :0.0
>display: :0  screen: 0
>direct rendering: No

Mesa CVS is currently useless for Unichromes. What does glxinfo say when
you enable libGL debugging output?

/Thomas