[Openchrome-users] Rotating the X...

userforum@openchrome.org userforum
Tue Dec 27 15:51:56 PST 2005

Re: Rotating the X...

Hi again, thanks for your answer!

Once you have confirmed us the lack of rotating support in the chips our question is: can we cheat it by changing manually the coordinates?

We have been experimenting with this issue lately but the are some problems. As we are reproducing video through mplayer we decided to change the way it calculates where to place the "xv area" where   the video is drawn. In order to do that, we calculate an offset to make the video fit the existing window (quite random :-) ). We also rotate the video via (:wink:) software (-vf rotate=whatever).  This work but not always. When the window where the video it supposed to appear do not match (any single pixel) whith the "xv area" drawn with the mentioned above offset, theoreticaly, the driver decide not to draw anything! Result: The video do not appear!!

So, we need some help to handle the driver "customization" (our version will only work rotated) in differents level of complexity:
1.- Is the checking of the mismatching surfaces responsability of the driver? If it is, how can we avoid it?
2.- What changes are needed to make the driver calculate the coordinates correctly? Is it beyond  measure?
3.- Give support to handle rotation.. :-)

Apologies for this looong post but we need it! I hope you can help us!

Regards,

      antONIO

P.S. BTW, our hardware is: CLE266 over VIA EPIA-M
P.S. Attached the lspci -vvv, ;-)