[Openchrome-users] No Display after installing Via Driver

Wilson L. illson415
Sat Dec 31 22:54:59 PST 2005

Hey Openchrome Users!

I need some help! =)  I installed the Via drivers and now my X is not
working.  I am not too linux savvy so please bear with me.

Here is my current setup:

VIA EPIA M10000 Board
Fedora Core 4
Uname info:  Linux l2.6.14-1.1653_FC4 #1 Tue Dec 13 21:32:09 EST 2005 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Display: Dell™ E151FP Color Display
Display Specs:
http://support.ap.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/e151fp/English/specs.htm

I installed FC4 with all default updates and installed the DRM Kernel module
from here:

http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/FC4/RPMS/

Then I followed these instructions to install the VIA drivers:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=21910&group_id=102048

Basically getting the xfreee86 source tree and compiling it and then
compiling the via_drv.o driver.

**After I did all this, I reboot and my monitor does not get a signal when X
loads!**

Here is my xorg.conf file:
http://illson.hopto.org/xorg.conf

Here is the modules i have loaded (while X is broken):
http://illson.hopto.org/lsmod.txt

And here is X server logs (while X is broken)
http://illson.hopto.org/Xorg.0.log

Can a guru here please help me decipher these logs or offer some advice?  I
really appreciate it, i been working on this for so long and no love.....Let
me know if you need other information.

Thanks ahead of time!

Wilson L. =)
Happy New Years!