[Openfontlibrary] OFLB Wiki License Conclusion

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Nov 5 15:53:36 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 23:27 +0000, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 01/11/06, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> > > I no longer see any issue contributing to a CC-BY-SA wiki.
> >
> > Whoa, that is a firm statement. This all sounds interesting an its nice
> > to see your logic
> Btw, http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/6019 is the source of the
> CC-BY-SA/FDL compatibility rumours I mentioned.
> (Thanks to Rob Myers for helping me figure out all this licensing crap
> offlist :-)

Yah, much is happening behind the scenes on compatibility...no one wants
a fractured community...our best bet is to keep our noses down and build
up our collection, our main resource/commodity.

Obviously, the bigger our collection, the more weight we have with
influencing the direction of these licenses...

Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org