[Openfontlibrary] Public Domain?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Nov 14 17:48:00 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 19:31 -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I think PD is equal to a all-permissive non-copyleft license...
>
> No.  Legally they are very different, as I wrote earlier.
>
>     Does PD allow you to relicense?
>
> Yes (to repeat what Jon said).
>
>     If so, I imagine that relicensing under an all-permissive
>     non-copyleft license would be quite uncontroversion,
>
> Yes.

Ok, final call. So it sounds like we are moving forward on using only
the Open Font License and not using public domain, as it is too
problematic internationally. Is this correct? Final thoughts and then we
are off and running (which means we need to accelerate our support for
this license with CC metadata.

Thanks Karl and Dave for bearing with us all on this :) I personally am
quite slow :)

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org