[Openfontlibrary] Public Domain?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Nov 14 18:11:20 PST 2006

On 15/11/06, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>     I think PD is equal to a all-permissive non-copyleft license...
>
> No.  Legally they are very different, as I wrote earlier.

Sorry, didn't totally process that meaning on first pass, because I
don't understand why they are 'very' different. If they are
all-permissive, non-copyleft, and allow relicensing -

>     Does PD allow you to relicense?
>
> Yes (to repeat what Jon said).

Do 'Modified BSD' licenses allow you to relicense?

 - then they seem functionally the same to me.

Like Jon, I'm slow with this stuff, thanks for your patience and
expertise Karl! :-)